CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] UPS for computer on CNC lathe

Posted by Sven Peter
on 2002-03-20 05:41:54 UTC
> fuddham wrote:
>
> > I have a CNC lathe for my home shop. ..... The single phase runs the computer. Do I need to put the computer on a UPS system for protedtion during a power
> > dip/loss?

For my consideration living now 13 years in Latinamerika it is the best
choice to put an UPS on the control: Specially on old controls like
GE550!

Only place I believe it is not necesary is Central Europe where the
elictric supply is garantied 365 days a year with less than 2 hours
black out within +-2% nominal voltage. All the rest where you get peakes
and short term low tension I would use an UPS.
I use them on my PLC,s and the most impressive case I saw is a fully
automated factory with several hundreds of motors with some up to 300HP
that can run nearly half an hour only on the 2 UPSs (each one of the
size of my office).
Its the only plant here in Costa Rica that has such kind of protection.
By the way its genaral manager is an excelent electric engineer not a
BB.
Just my 2 cent as true as a 3 cent coin.
Sven Peter

Discussion Thread

fuddham 2002-03-19 08:24:14 UTC UPS for computer on CNC lathe Jon Elson 2002-03-19 09:51:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] UPS for computer on CNC lathe Les Newell 2002-03-19 11:38:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] UPS for computer on CNC lathe Stan Stocker 2002-03-19 18:27:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] UPS for computer on CNC lathe Sven Peter 2002-03-20 05:41:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] UPS for computer on CNC lathe