CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepping motor skipping

on 2002-03-29 10:55:20 UTC
Hi Bob,

Just a quick question. You've said DOS, but are you booting a "clean"
DOS? From a floppy disk, without EMM386, HIMEM.SYS, etc. files (if it's
normally a windoz machine)? You might want to try that, to insure that
Windowz or even a "DOS" from Windoz isn't corrupting your pulse stream.

And I take it you know about the TurboCNC list?

Alan KM6VV

bobmaggi wrote:

> I have just completed putting together a system for my 5400 Sherline
> mill using the Camtronics 2A 3 axis board. I am trying out the
> TurboCNC program but the steppers keep skipping steps (during manual
> jogging the system, no load). It seems to skip primarily during
> accelleration and decelleration portions of a move, although it also
> skips some once it is up to max speed (just not as frequently).
>
> I have searched the archives and tried many of the initial settings
> suggested and have tried varying the parameters one at a time but I
> haven't seen any improvement. My setup is currently (as of last
> night) as follows:
>
> Power - 18VDC
> 160 oz-in steppers - the step is set to 0.000125
> pulse width - 50
> min speed - 100
> Max speed - 1000
> Running TurboCNC in DOS mode on a P90.
>
> Any additional advice is very welcome!
>
> Bob Sweeney

Discussion Thread

bobmaggi 2002-03-29 07:29:17 UTC Stepping motor skipping Tim Goldstein 2002-03-29 07:42:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepping motor skipping Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-03-29 10:55:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepping motor skipping Carol & Jerry Jankura 2002-03-29 14:35:50 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepping motor skipping