CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Portable Storage

on 2002-03-31 16:23:34 UTC
Hi, Alan:

The Sony doesn't seem to have a problem "hot swapping" the card out.
Probably because you can remove the disk as if it were a floppy. Iomega
claims that, by using their driver, you can hot swap with no problems.
Otherwise, they suggest the unmount, etc.

Now, any ideas on how to make it work with my Zenith Z-Star EX that actually
runs the G-Code. This is a 486DX2-50 that's about 7 or 8 years old. I bought
it when the Pentium notebooks were about a year before the Pentium-I based
notebooks were due out.

Iomega offers software that ought to work with DOS, including a "guest"
routine that provides the driver on a "one shot" (run Guest each time you
power up when you want to access their drives) driver. I'm running card
services. Maybe I'll try commenting those lines out.

-- Jerry