CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Portable Storage

on 2002-04-01 10:47:16 UTC
Hi Jon,

Yes, it seems reasonable not to do that anymore! Your interface would
be tantamount to disconnecting the drive while the system is up!

My PCMCIA drives use the Intel 80365 or eqv. controller, so there is
considerable isolation (but not perfect!).

I'll take your advise on the servos, 2:1. Sounds like good reasoning!
I certainly don't need/want to go that fast!

The Super Vexta (I just found out) also has a half/full step switch, and
I can see a hint at the drive being able to do step/dir as well as
CW/CCW reading between the Japanese "lines". Possibly if the CCW line
is held high? I can't make it out in diagrams accompanying the Japanese
text. I didn't find any other switches. There is a T.I.M. signal, and
an H.off signal out of it, and some diagrams relating them to steps, but
I've yet to determine their use. One signal would seem to be "tied" to
"step 0" and every 10 step thereafter. I probably don't need them!
1000 spr will be nice!

The drive DOES indicate 20ma current loop, and a 7406 as a TTL driver.
I put code to run CW/CCW; now I just need to cobble together a "20ma
driver" (unless I can get it out of a parallel port, SOURCE), and try it
out. I'll be looking for a mate to it.

Alan KM6VV

Jon Elson wrote:

> Alan Marconett KM6VV wrote:
>
> > Hi Jerry,
> >
> > Yes, there seems to be fewer problems with "floppy" implementations.
> > The ATA drivers go on as "fixed disks", and give me more problems.
> >
> > Are there "socket services" available for this? What is the hardware
> > interface?
>
> Mine has an adaptor that goes between the SanDisk card and the
> ATA slot. It was pretty obvious there wasn't much in the ATA slot,
> it looks like some chip capacitors and resistor packs. I assumed
> there was some bus-isolating smarts in that adaptor, but I think
> it is just two connectors with PC board tracks in between. So, I
> was hot-plugging a card into the AT/IDE bus. Even though the memory
> card was on a different AT/IDE bus than the hard drive, it mangled
> it anyway. I don't do this anymore!
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

Carol & Jerry Jankura 2002-03-29 21:41:28 UTC Portable Storage Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-03-30 11:17:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Portable Storage Jon Elson 2002-03-30 23:33:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Portable Storage Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-03-31 14:44:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Portable Storage Carol & Jerry Jankura 2002-03-31 16:23:34 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Portable Storage Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-03-31 17:04:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Portable Storage Jon Elson 2002-03-31 23:25:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Portable Storage Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-04-01 10:47:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Portable Storage