CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: DXF bulge to I,J equations

Posted by dumbdrive
on 2002-04-10 18:20:57 UTC
In what programing langauge? Basic? VB? Pascal? C, C++?
I may have a sample depending on your langauge...
The concept is a little difficult if you are not familiar with
vectors and ArcTangents... The function ArcTangent(X,Y) gives
different results depending upon the quadrant the X,Y value is
found... Better read up on them, if you are not familiar with them
already.

If all that is too overwhelming, in some cad systems you
can "explode" the polyline and it will turn it into arcs and line
segments for you, then you won't have to worry about the bulges.

Since you are decoding a dxf that contains polylines and vertex's,
bear in mind that the closed polyline does not have the last vertex
segment that points to the first vertex value starting value, you'll
have to add that... so be sure to check if it is closed or open.

I notice no responses so far to your request... I think there should
be a group for programming question regarding motion control (cnc
type) where ideas could be shared... I learn a lot from newsgroups,
but most of the "programming" ones are database or something else
specific.

Mike

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "jeffskey1" <jeffskey1@a...> wrote:
> Does anyone know the equation's to convert a DXF arc that is
> expressed with a "bulge" value to I and J values as used with G-
code
> G02 or G03? I am writing a software program to convert and optimize
> PROTEL pcb dxf file to cnc G-code for my maxnc mill.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

Discussion Thread

jeffskey1 2002-04-08 14:47:06 UTC DXF bulge to I,J equations dumbdrive 2002-04-10 18:20:57 UTC Re: DXF bulge to I,J equations Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-04-10 19:38:31 UTC Re: DXF bulge to I,J equations jeffskey1 2002-04-10 20:31:19 UTC Re: DXF bulge to I,J equations Jon Elson 2002-04-10 23:30:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: DXF bulge to I,J equations ballendo 2002-04-14 02:21:53 UTC New Yahoo Group was Re: DXF bulge to I,J equations batwings@i... 2002-04-14 03:51:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New Yahoo Group was Re: DXF bulge to I,J equations ballendo 2002-04-14 05:08:21 UTC New Yahoo Group was Re: DXF bulge to I,J equations