CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: flash cut canned cycles

Posted by doug98105
on 2002-04-15 13:22:50 UTC
Carl,

I don't know anything about Flashcut, but I have seen pauses like you
speak of in other controllers. Never as long as 1.5 seconds, still
noticeable, though.

My solution is to program the cycle equivalent longhand and access
the code via a subroutine or similiar method. That minimizes
the "thinking" time in the controller. Besides the speeed advantage
of longhand programming you have a little more control of the process
which can be important in high quantity operations where every second
adds up.

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "carlcnc" <carlcnc@y...> wrote:
> Is it normal for Flashcut controller to have a delay each time you
> move to a new position when using G83?
> The point to point moves are fine but once there I get approx a
1.5
> sec pause before the drilling routine starts,then another delay
after
> final peck and before the move to next location.
> Running on a P333 laptop W98.
> As we are drilling 250-400 holes for cribbage boards these "pauses"
> add up to 20 min!
>
> thanks
> Carl

Discussion Thread

carlcnc 2002-04-15 11:02:07 UTC flash cut canned cycles Dan Mauch 2002-04-15 12:36:00 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 802 oz in stepper group buy doug98105 2002-04-15 13:22:50 UTC Re: flash cut canned cycles RC 2002-04-15 15:35:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] flash cut canned cycles carlcnc 2002-04-15 18:49:55 UTC Re: flash cut canned cycles