CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Machine control comparison

Posted by vavaroutsos
on 2002-04-24 17:49:36 UTC
There's a very basic comparison at

http://www.desktopcnc.com/cadcam.htm

~petev

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "j.guenther" <j.guenther@v...> wrote:
> I just finished an evaluation of the CMD-260 drivers for Tim
Goldstein and
> in some ways I did what you are asking. I ran this driver with EMC,
> TurboCNC, DeskNC, Kcam3 and Master5. I used the same G-code files,
from two
> different projects, with each control program. Some of the G-code
was hand
> written and some was generated by FlashCUT 1.41 from .dxf files. I
can
> probably provide a brief comparison of these five programs in the
next few
> days. I am currently testing the PMDX-120 breakout board using all
of these
> different control programs. Some of these programs are limited
demo's and
> some are not. They will all drive the system and make parts so
they work
> for the purposes of this test. If you want to see the results of my
CMD-260
http://www.timgoldstein.com/CNC/CMD260Reviews.htm for
> all the reviews of this driver.
>
> John Guenther
> Sterling, Virginia

Servo to go
> > and I would imagine that he has probably used more than one kind
> > of software
> > I'm sure Mariss from Gecko Drives has used a few different
> > programs. And buy
> > how much Ballendo posts, I would think he has used a few
> > different ones. If
> > those that have used several different types of soft and hardware
> > would give
> > a short evaluation, I'm sure it would be helpful. Richard

> > Addresses:
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
> > reach it if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

> > as a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members
> > are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >

> > Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y...
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@y...
> > Moderator: jmelson@a... timg@k... [Moderator]
> > bill,
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

rekmac 2002-04-24 05:26:36 UTC Machine control comparison carlcnc 2002-04-24 06:53:04 UTC Re: Machine control comparison Richard Konnen 2002-04-24 08:21:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Machine control comparison j.guenther 2002-04-24 08:43:53 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Machine control comparison Bob Campbell 2002-04-24 17:34:49 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]PCI Parallel ports vavaroutsos 2002-04-24 17:49:36 UTC Re: Machine control comparison Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-04-24 20:57:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]PCI Parallel ports