CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Machine control comparison

Posted by j.guenther
on 2002-04-24 08:43:53 UTC
I just finished an evaluation of the CMD-260 drivers for Tim Goldstein and
in some ways I did what you are asking. I ran this driver with EMC,
TurboCNC, DeskNC, Kcam3 and Master5. I used the same G-code files, from two
different projects, with each control program. Some of the G-code was hand
written and some was generated by FlashCUT 1.41 from .dxf files. I can
probably provide a brief comparison of these five programs in the next few
days. I am currently testing the PMDX-120 breakout board using all of these
different control programs. Some of these programs are limited demo's and
some are not. They will all drive the system and make parts so they work
for the purposes of this test. If you want to see the results of my CMD-260
evaluation check out http://www.timgoldstein.com/CNC/CMD260Reviews.htm for
all the reviews of this driver.

John Guenther
Sterling, Virginia