CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cabin Fever Expo

Posted by Daniel Fox
on 2000-01-07 07:22:45 UTC
David L Anderson <daveland@...> writes:
>Subject: Cabin Fever Expo
>
>Anyone going to the Cabin Fever Model Engineering Show in Leesport PA on
>
> January 29th and 30th? This is a smaller but similar show to the
>NAMES show in Michigan that started this list.

<snip>

Lots of us from CAMS in DC usually show up. We started as an attempt to meet
likeminded DC-Balto types at Cabin Fever 2 years ago. It's about 2-1/2 hours
for us. I try to get out of the house real early and see a lot of it before
it gets too too crowded.

I'd be interested in the scrap trip; nothing better than a trip to the
junkyard w/ a bunch of HSMer's! Get me out of there in the afternoon.

"Marshall Pharoah" <pharoahm@...> writes:
>Will 3-4 hours be enough time to meander around and check things out?

Probably not. It would be if it weren't so crowded, but it is 3'4 deep
everywhere. It's not the Schoenly's fault that they have a runaway success
on thier hands. They open up more exhibit space every year.

>Any idea if anyone will be selling kits, such as PM Research?

Don't remember if they show, but yes, there are a couple three
kits-of-castings vendors there. I don't keep the program from year to year;
sorry.

>What is there in the immediate area to occupy the wife unit, such as craft
>fairs, quilt shows, sewing stores, etc?

Would 2 HUGE outlet malls in a 20 mile radius be enough? Reading PA is a
Mecca for that sort of thing. It's how I handle it, and if the wife comes
back saying "look at all the cool things I bought!" it typically precludes a
whole raft of uncomfortable conversations defending your purchases.

There are also quilt museums, etc., but they may not be as close. There has
to be a Reading PA Chamber of Commerce website somewhere.

No help w/ the motel situation; sorry. You are on the airport side of
Reading, though. That should help.

--dan fox