CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:VectorCad opinions/ overall gripe (long)

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-06-01 05:59:42 UTC
AI.... Definately !

SignLab has Ai import/export filters as does Corel. Not sure how well they work or which one works better at importing/scanning as I seldom do that. At least both programs include a "reduce nodes"
function to automatically remove unecessary nodes and it works pretty well.

I never have found a Scan to Vector program that has tripped my trigger. However, It looks like RasterFraz might be a cut above the rest. Seems like it was developed >because> nothing else worked
well. If I needed scan to Vector I would check it out. Maybe if I checked it out now and it worked excellent, I would always scan stuff ! ;-)

Your comment about Corel being not your typical Cad app is true,, and I assume that you would agree with me that more Cad applications NEED to resemble Corel MORE !

Chris L