CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: found emc ragidness problem

Posted by armartinus
on 2002-06-17 09:50:50 UTC
first thank you jon elson and wiiliam scalione.
your sugestion were great . now i have tried the bdi on 4 seperate
computers and no go. it seems on my set up that steppermod works alot
better than freqmod. dont ask me why because i really do not know.
all the computers that i tried where amd's so i guess i got to try
the pentium class next.one question does emc talk well with the
gecko's 201, or do i have to modify.i tried different plugs, changed
the usb to disable and changed printer port to ecp that seemed to help
put steppermod seems to run better than freqmod.if you have it
running really well could you tell me which mother board you are using
for emc.
thank you guy's
richard

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:
> armartinus wrote:
>
> > I have one computer 300 mhz. that i have cncpro on and working
fine,
> > tried installing the bdi on that one but would not take. So i
> > installed it on a 500 mhz machine and installed just fine,
connected
> > the drives and the motors sounded like tin cans draging on the
ground,
> > so i thought that this is what peaple were talkig about {raged
steps}.
> > by chance i thought to try cncpro on the 500 mhz. machine and
wala,
> > tin cans again.Why would cncpro work fine on the 300 mhz. machine
and
> > be rough on the 500 mhz. machine???? In the end i want emc to
work.
> > It looks that i have major interferince problems. Would an opto-
> > isolator board help me in this?.If I had ground loop problems why
> > does the 300 mhz. computer work? In both computers i am getting
the 5
> > volts from the computers for the gecko's 201.
>
> If it has USB, disable the USB in the BIOS setup screen, and see if
this
> helps. It may be that, or some other function, like energy saver
mode,
> that is stealing time from the system without the system knowing
about it.
> If the motors only sound ragged when moving, but sit perfectly
still when
> not being commanded to move, it is not likely to be interference.
It may
> still be some timing difference on the step pulses, though. You
don't
> say what stepper drivers you are using. You should make sure you
> are trying the freqmod stepper program instead of the steppermod
> version, which does produce ragged step pulses.
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

armartinus 2002-06-15 07:47:45 UTC found emc ragidness problem William Scalione 2002-06-15 13:43:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] found emc ragidness problem Jon Elson 2002-06-15 23:29:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] found emc ragidness problem armartinus 2002-06-17 09:50:50 UTC Re: found emc ragidness problem dakota8833 2002-06-17 12:24:55 UTC Re: found emc ragidness problem armartinus 2002-06-17 12:42:28 UTC Re: found emc ragidness problem