CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] turcite for ways

Posted by Sven Peter
on 2002-06-18 21:17:05 UTC
Here we go Marcus.
Erfahrung kommt vom Fahren! Saying under bikers.
Experience comes from making experiments.
I may add, that I prefer to use Turcite only on carriages that do not
overtravel over the edge. Where I have a lot ot bearing area. And where
chips cannot build up and get grabbed into the soft turcite. By the way
you need plenty of oil, best under pressure.
Main disadvantage I see is the compressibility of Turcite. So when the
force load becomes bigger then the compression resistance of the
turcite- GOOD BYE ACCURACY.
That's why I prefer on many applications still old plain cast iron, or
hardened box ways with linear needle bearings.
That's for today.
Best luck Marcus and Kevin.
Regards Sven Peter