CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Q? about Sterling Digital Readout

Posted by mendoje1
on 2002-06-27 17:03:46 UTC
Scott, thanks for the reply. The Shooting Star DRO is on my list,
actually first on my list for inexpensive DROs. Can you comment on
how rugged they are? It would seem to me that the first mod I would
do would be to provide some extruded aluminum cover to protect the
rack from bumps and swarf.

The Sterling DRO jumped onto my list because Rutland-Airgas Tool
recently had them on sale/closeout for $300! 1/2 the price of the
Shooting Star, but I had to know if I could shorten the scales for my
Rockwell.

Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Scott" <scott@v...> wrote:
> I have a Sterling on a mill-drill and am happy with it. It is only
twoaxis,
> so I installed an inexpensive (cheap Chinese) DRO scale on it. You
know the
> thing that looks like a set of calipers that have been cut up. As I
said the
> whole system is fine but on my other mill and lathe I have Shooting
Star
> DRO's. They cost less than any of the others and work great. In
your case
> they can be adjusted for length with a hacksaw. No kidding that is
how you
> do it.
> Here is a link to the cheap Asian readouts.
> http://server1.wttool.com/cgi-bin/miva?
Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Sto
> re_Code=WT&Category_Code=12890445p
>
> I think the Shooting Star webpage is at www.star-techno.com but it
does not
> want to work for me right now.
> Scott

Discussion Thread

mendoje1 2002-06-25 23:09:44 UTC Q? about Sterling Digital Readout Scott 2002-06-26 08:16:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Q? about Sterling Digital Readout mendoje1 2002-06-27 17:03:46 UTC Re: Q? about Sterling Digital Readout Scott Nelson 2002-06-28 06:36:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Q? about Sterling Digital Readout