CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Help needed with Gecko G201

on 2002-07-19 05:47:40 UTC
Hi Richard,

you did come to the right group, and welcome.

We have a software listing in the database section of the website
list (as opposed to the e-mail version)

if you find something you have interest in, search the list for that
program and you will probably get most of the information you need.

if you have any questions, this group will have the answers.

ummm...I wonder if Ballendo's book on the basics is ready yet ?

Basically, you need to create a file, probably in a CAD program, then
convert it to G-code so the CNC software can read it and use it to
cut the part.

Check out Master5 as a simple program to start with. it is well
supported and has it's own list.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "buildsomething" <rstaron@e...> wrote:
> Hello to all and I hope this is the right group that could help me
> out.
>
> I was able to aquire 4 Gecko G201 drivers and would
> like to use them to drive a 4 axis foam cutting machine
> (specifically) for wing used in Radio Control Model Aircraft.
> I am looking for any info pertain to software that I would need to
> get me going using these drivers.
>
> I look forward to any replies.
>
> Richard

Discussion Thread

buildsomething 2002-07-18 21:21:16 UTC Help needed with Gecko G201 turbulatordude 2002-07-19 05:47:40 UTC Re: Help needed with Gecko G201 Tim Goldstein 2002-07-19 09:41:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help needed with Gecko G201