CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

OT glass as a liquid ( Re: Direction follower ? Water jet

on 2002-07-19 18:47:36 UTC
I have heard that glass 'could' be termed a liquid, but that in
actual fact, when glass was made, way back when, the installers just
put the thick side down as it was a better support.

then years later, the wiz bang kids 'discovered' this phenonoma and
started the speculation, or possibly it was from a very liberal
interputation of and old German text. regardless, glasses are
amorphous solids. There is a fundamental structural divide between
amorphous solids (including glasses) and crystalline solids.
Structurally, glasses are similar to liquids, but that doesn't mean
they are liquid.

Glass will not heal nor pool, even after hundreds of years. and a
stress induced crack such as would be made by a glass cutter will
have the localized energy diminished or distrubuted over time so the
cut will not break clean after some time.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Bill Vance <ccq@x> wrote:
> On Fri Jul 19 16:05:46 2002, mayfieldtm, <mayfiet@i...> wrote:
>
> {snip}
>
> >One thing I learned when hand cutting glass with a wheel, always
lube
> >before each score and break as soon as possible. I'm guessing
Glass

***** 4-19!
> ----------------+----------+--------------------------+-------------
--------
> An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured | All matter is vibration. | Let he who
hath no
> weapon in every | by COLT; | -- Max Plank | weapon sell
his
> hand = Freedom | DIAL | In the beginning was the | garment and
buy a
> on every side! | 1911-A1. | word. -- The Bible | sword.--
Jesus Christ
--------

> Constitutional Government is dead, LONG LIVE THE
CONSTITUTION!!!!!

--------

Discussion Thread

John 2002-07-19 10:49:53 UTC Re: Direction follower ? Water jet Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] turbulatordude 2002-07-19 12:37:13 UTC Direction follower ? Water jet Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] John 2002-07-19 13:22:59 UTC Re: Direction follower ? Water jet Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Shelbyville Design & Signworks 2002-07-19 14:32:00 UTC Re: Direction follower ? Water jet Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] mayfieldtm 2002-07-19 16:05:51 UTC Re: Direction follower ? Water jet Bill Vance 2002-07-19 16:51:42 UTC Re: Direction follower ? Water jet Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] John 2002-07-19 17:37:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Direction follower ? Water jet Bill Vance 2002-07-19 17:37:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Direction follower ? Water jet turbulatordude 2002-07-19 18:47:36 UTC OT glass as a liquid ( Re: Direction follower ? Water jet