CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: LCD or LED DRO Readout

Posted by Bevan Weiss
on 2002-07-22 18:44:28 UTC
I'd recommend using both if you can possibly fit it into the design.
The LED diplay is much brighter and is easier to look at for quick
reference, but doesn't have the same character capacity or range.

The idea in my head would be to have the 7-seg LED's that give basic
information about the current state of the machine, ie ERROR etc.
And then have the LCD module such that it can give a much more detailed
description of the problem, or perhaps details of the progress of the part
being milled/shaped.

That way you have both the rapid detection of current state, and also a more
detailed view if required (/desired).

--------Original Message ---------------------

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:41:59 +1000
From: "Peter Homann" <peter.homann@...>
Subject: LCD or LED DRO Readout.

Hi,

I'm looking for the pros and cons between using LCD (Backlit) or LED
displays for DRO readouts.

Part of the reason for my question is that LED displays may be more popular
because of historical reasons. They were around first and were cheaper.

My gut feeling is that a LED display is going to be easier to read in the
workshop, although a LCD display is a lot more versatile.

Any comments?

Peter Homann
<mailto:peter.homann@...>
Work : +61 3 8530-7755
Adacel Technologies Ltd Fax : +61 3 9596-2960
250 Bay St, Brighton 3186, VIC, AUSTRALIA Mobile : 0421 601665
http://www.adacel.com.au Australian Software Engineering Excellence

Discussion Thread

Bevan Weiss 2002-07-22 18:44:28 UTC Re: LCD or LED DRO Readout Peter Homann 2002-07-22 19:04:14 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: LCD or LED DRO Readout mayfieldtm 2002-07-22 20:58:53 UTC Re: LCD or LED DRO Readout