CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam Axial engine cam track code

Posted by Dan Statman
on 2002-08-21 11:56:20 UTC
Alan,

Yes I use the spreadsheet to reference a formula which calculates the value
of the current cell based on the value of another cell. This formula is
then copied into each cell that is required. The main thing to understand
about spreadsheets are the two types of cell references in formulas. There
is an absolute reference and a relative reference. The absolute reference
will always refer to the same exact cell each time the formula is copied to
a new cell. However, the relative reference will vary as the formula is
copied. So if the formula says to take the cell next to the current one and
multiply by 1.5, it will do this calculation for an entire array of numbers
and put the answer next to the original number.

I will send you a copy of the Excel spreadsheet that I calculated for the
cam follower.

In my spreadsheets I also place axis designators and feedrate values, so I
just copy the cells over to a word processor as UNFORMATTED tab-delimited
text. Then I replace all of the tabs (^t) with spaces (^s). Then I replace
the axis designators with their following spaces to remove those spaces.
This is no longer required for TurboCNC, but I wrote the macro already and
it takes 10 seconds to clean it up.

Daniel J. Statman, Statman Designs
www.statmandesigns.com