CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam Axial engine cam track code

on 2002-08-21 13:11:18 UTC
Hi John,

Thanks for the additional comments. I opened your spread sheet, and
saved it as a CSV file. I should have saved it as plain text then.

After adding some line numbers, I feed it to my controller program,
which seemed to like it. Not much to see in the simulation (no 4-axis
simulation) so just "cutting air". But after I get spread sheets
figured out, I think I can make use of 'em.

Alan KM6VV

"j.guenther" wrote:

> Alan,
>
> What I did was after I typed in all the coordinate data from a table
> provided on plate 2 of the cam axial drawings, I inserted two columns in the
> spread sheet. The first column was filled with "g1 a". The second new
> column was inserted between the degrees column and the X coordinates column
> and it was filled with "x". The original spread sheet looked like this:
>
> 1 0.000207119
> 2 0.000828223
> 3 0.001862556
> 4 0.003308857
> 5 0.005165364
> 6 0.007429816
> 7 0.010099453
> 8 0.013171023
> 9 0.016640784
> 10 0.020504509
>
> when I was done inserting new columns and filling them with the necessary
> commands it looked like this:
>
> g20
> f2.5
> g1 a 1 x 0.000207119
> g1 a 2 x 0.000828223
> g1 a 3 x 0.001862556
> g1 a 4 x 0.003308857
> g1 a 5 x 0.005165364
> g1 a 6 x 0.007429816
> g1 a 7 x 0.010099453
> g1 a 8 x 0.013171023
> g1 a 9 x 0.016640784
> g1 a 10 x 0.020504509
>
> I then saved it as a text file. You could also copy and paste it into
> wordpad or some other text editor to add additional commands to it if need
> be. This actually allowed me to create a gcode file that worked the first
> time I tried it. Of course I do not have any commands for the Z axis in
> this file. I was just testing it to see how the motion looked and if the
> coordinates provided in SIC made sense for trying to cut this thing.
>
> The real test will come when I try to cut this thing. That will have to
> wait for a couple of days since I have another project on the rotary table
> right now and don't want to mess with the setup.
>
> John Guenther
> Sterling, Virginia

Discussion Thread

John Guenther 2002-08-21 05:02:05 UTC Cam Axial engine cam track code Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-08-21 11:39:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam Axial engine cam track code Dan Statman 2002-08-21 11:56:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam Axial engine cam track code j.guenther 2002-08-21 12:02:01 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam Axial engine cam track code Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-08-21 13:11:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam Axial engine cam track code