CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] abbreviations

on 2002-08-27 10:47:40 UTC
Hi Peter,

Gibberish? Well, I'd call it something more like HAM-speak. TTY indeed
stands for Teletype, doesn't everyone have one in their garage? OOPS,
sold mine.

A "TTY interface" is meant to describe a single line of text sent to an
output device at a time. DOS command line command is an example. Hmmm,
sounds like Gcode's "blocks". Gcode started out on TTY's (my first
"consulting" job. Yeah, that was a while ago).

HTH

Alan KM6VV

cadcamcenter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a hard time trying to grasp the meaning of a list member
> gibberish recently. It took many webpages and much reading until I
> finally found that TTY stands for teletypwriter. Sometime back, it
> took me a while too, to realise that PITA stands for a type of
> bread ;-)
>
> As that list has only 21 members to date, I can't add tables to this
> list database, hope Bill will wouldn't mind me to repost the
> announcement from the list

> here, hoping that the learned members of this list would be kind
> enough to add to the database (as and when it arises, or whenever
> they feel charitable) so that eventually it may become a useful
> resource for our hobbies.
>
> Peter
>
> P.S. Would TTY style interface stand for something like that
> little "dialogue box" at the bottom of Acad (stands for AutoCAD in
> case there are more abbrev. dummies like me out there) where one can
> enter commands like
>
> Line, Circle, Move, etc.

Discussion Thread

cadcamcenter 2002-08-26 23:42:24 UTC abbreviations Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-08-27 10:47:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] abbreviations cadcamcenter 2002-08-27 12:52:23 UTC Re: abbreviations Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-08-27 13:45:12 UTC Re: abbreviations cadcamcenter 2002-08-27 15:28:31 UTC Re: abbreviations Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-08-27 16:16:21 UTC Re: abbreviations cadcamcenter 2002-08-27 16:22:57 UTC Re: abbreviations