CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Use a scope to determine overvoltage needed forstepper motors

Posted by hansw
on 2000-01-28 18:24:05 UTC
Ian,

> I'd be interested to hear any opinions.

I don't think building anything for a 20KHz bandwidth is worth the
effort. Better spend $100 at Ebay and buy a good used scope.
Using the sound channel for ADC is almost not worth it. Think of lack of
calibration and stability issues...

You ask for opinions.... good for teaching kids about electronics,
whistling in a mike and seeing the wave form, but not for anything
serious. Thumb's down...

Hans Wedemeyer