CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Jerry K, Was: Ultrasonic cleaners for delicate parts?

Posted by motoproto
on 2002-10-08 19:11:40 UTC
Jerry Kimberlin <kimberln@a...> wrote:

> Sounds like it might be a Baumer switch good to plus or minus one
> micron. See http://www.jhlaas.com/mycom.htm for a picture.
>
> So what you are saying is that the little glass plunger won't
> just slide out so you can clean the contacts inside? If that is
> the case then you may have to dig out the glue on the other end,
> but that is probably quite iffy too.
>
> Let us know a few more details - mill type, type of switch if it
> has any label on it, or if it looks like the Baumer.
>
> JerryK

Jerry,

You are absolutely right, it's a Baumer! I looked at the Baumer
website, and found the exact switch, the only question is what
activation pressure the switch is.

Now, I feel much better knowing that I don't have to pay double to
get it from the machine manufacturer. However, there are three
switches on each machine, and I have three machines. So, what do you
think about ultrasonic cleaning of the Baumer switch? I thought I
could clean the switches in a water soluable cleaner(in the
ultrasonic bath), then rinse them in straight water(in the ultrasonic
bath), then gently warm them on a heating pad of some sort to dry
them out. Then perhaps attempt to get a drop of very light oil past
the plunger.

I know it sounds like a lot of diddling around, but I've got a lot of
switches to do, so I stand to save a couple of bucks if it works.

At any rate, thanks a bundle for steering me in the right direction
to identify the part.

Thanks,

Patrick

Discussion Thread

motoproto 2002-10-08 17:45:50 UTC Ultrasonic cleaners for delicate parts? Scott A. Stephens 2002-10-08 18:00:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ultrasonic cleaners for delicate parts? Jerry Kimberlin 2002-10-08 18:11:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ultrasonic cleaners for delicate parts? motoproto 2002-10-08 19:11:40 UTC Jerry K, Was: Ultrasonic cleaners for delicate parts? Jerry Kimberlin 2002-10-08 20:11:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Jerry K, Was: Ultrasonic cleaners for delicate parts? Marv Frankel 2002-10-08 20:34:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Jerry K, Was: Ultrasonic cleaners for delicate parts? Jon Elson 2002-10-08 23:20:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ultrasonic cleaners for delicate parts? caudlet 2002-10-09 05:25:34 UTC Re: Ultrasonic cleaners for delicate parts? Dave Engvall 2002-10-09 08:24:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Limit switches was Ultrasonic cleaners for delicate parts?