CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] beginners software ( was Re: Some basic questions...

Posted by Dan Statman
on 2002-10-13 07:11:07 UTC
Dave, and others.

The new version of TurboCNC does not require specific file headers for the
G-code programs. Now the program simply starts with the first line of
G-code and nothing else is required. G-code files from the older version,
which had a specific header, will still work with the latest version of
TurboCNC.

And, you do not have to pay anything to get a fully working copy of the
executable program. So you can evaluate it for free, and then pay the $20
if you like it and you get a copy of the source code.

Daniel J. Statman, Statman Designs
www.statmandesigns.com
dan.statman@...

----- Original Message -----
From: "turbulatordude" <davemucha@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 10:03 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] beginners software ( was Re: Some basic
questions...

> Hi Peter,
>
> unless you are well versed in Linux, I would recomend you start out
> with TurboCNC.
>
> #1, it's cheap $20.00
>
> #2 it's very comfortable in an OLD PC, no special requirements.
>
> #3 it is simple
>
> #4 learing is fast
>
> #5 it lets you test your switches and movements easily.
>
> #6 g-code from TurboCNC can be used on any other G-code box will some
> modification. I believe that TurboCNC (and many others) have some
> program specific code, but the vast majority can be ported easily.
>
> I am not saying this is the 'best' software. just that it is lower
> cost and easier to START and learn than others.
>
> for a newbie, it is less painful buying a $20.00 program then
> switching up to one that cost $200 than to spend $200 and finding
> that is not what you need and then spending another lump for the
> ideal program.
>
> Will if be your final program ? maybe not. each program has it's
> own quirks and benefits. that you will decide for yourself.
>
> But for inital set-up and testing, the cost is hard to beat.
>
> imho
>
> Dave

Discussion Thread

Peter Moreton 2002-10-13 04:37:37 UTC Some basic questions... turbulatordude 2002-10-13 06:49:03 UTC torque - basic start on a Bridgeport ( was Re: Some basic questions... turbulatordude 2002-10-13 07:03:54 UTC beginners software ( was Re: Some basic questions... Dan Statman 2002-10-13 07:11:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] beginners software ( was Re: Some basic questions... turbulatordude 2002-10-13 07:45:11 UTC beginners software ( was Re: Some basic questions... Jon Elson 2002-10-13 23:36:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Some basic questions...