CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clifton Precision Servo Specs

on 2002-10-14 10:30:16 UTC
Sounds like some motors I have at home. Did you buy them from Gateway
Electronics, years ago? I've also found them in old line printers, for
moving the print head back and forth. The outputs are Open Collector,
meaning they need a pullup resistor to +5V for TTL output. There are two
sets of lines on the glass disk on the shaft encoder. Different
resolutions. Each one has A and B outputs, 90 deg. apart. I was just
planning on useing one for Halloween, to keep track of a rotating mirror
position, while I strobe a laser pointer. Should look cool in the fog from
the fog machine.

What other info do you need? What is your application? What do you want
to drive them with?

- Steven Ciciora (Superior, CO)

At 04:58 PM 10/14/02 -0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I have a couple of DC permanent magnet brush servo motors I'm trying
>to find the specifications for. They measure 2.25 inch diameter
>by 4 inch long plus a 1 inch long encoder.
>
>Clifton Precision (Litton)
>Model No. DH-2250-AU-1
>P/N 96214-994206-0001, Rev G.
>Date Code 8244
>
>I've looked at the specs on the Poly-Scientific site
>at <http://www.polysci.com/datasheetlist.htm>
>selecting: Permanent Magnet DC Motors
>to download <http://www.polysci.com/Documents/moc23series.pdf>
>or from <http://www.polysci.com/Motors/c23series.html>.
>
>but these motors are not listed. They must have been made before
>Northrop Grumman Poly-Scientific acquired Clifton Precision.
>
>The encoder has a circuit board labeled "Texas Instruments" and has
>a LM339N chip on it. Any idea if it is TTL compatible?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Wayne Whippo (Boulder, CO)

Discussion Thread

whippo6 2002-10-14 09:58:46 UTC Clifton Precision Servo Specs w.higdon@a... 2002-10-14 10:25:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clifton Precision Servo Specs Steven Ciciora 2002-10-14 10:30:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clifton Precision Servo Specs JanRwl@A... 2002-10-14 11:19:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clifton Precision Servo Specs whippo6 2002-10-15 21:52:08 UTC Re: Clifton Precision Servo Specs Steven Ciciora 2002-10-16 08:24:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Clifton Precision Servo Specs