CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: gecko questions

Posted by markpowerplus
on 2002-11-07 16:26:32 UTC
whoops, slight typo I meant 8,000mfd cap , I typed in an extra
nothing (0) that made a big difference!!!!!!!!!
thanks guys for your support. I am not sure what resistor I used last
time for current setting (they all look the same to me when they are
laying on the bench!!!!!)
thanks
Mark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Tim Goldstein" <timg@k...> wrote:
> The current setting for the drives will not change with a higher
voltage. So
> if the current setting was correct before it will be fine now.
>
> 80,000 mfd is a way big cap. It will not hurt anything, but you
could use a
> lot smaller one. There is no real need to get the ripple down to
tiny
> percentage unless you have a brother in law in the cap business you
are
> wanting to support. While I do not questions the calculations that
Mariss
> has in his white paper on cap values, my experience is that you can
make a
> usable power supply with a whole lot less filtering.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

markpowerplus 2002-11-07 10:49:55 UTC gecko questions mariss92705 2002-11-07 11:41:19 UTC Re: gecko questions markpowerplus 2002-11-07 11:57:56 UTC Re: gecko questions Tim Goldstein 2002-11-07 12:47:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gecko questions mariss92705 2002-11-07 14:34:08 UTC Re: gecko questions markpowerplus 2002-11-07 16:26:32 UTC Re: gecko questions