CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: First Timer - Please Help

Posted by barclaygeo
on 2002-11-29 18:45:24 UTC
My motor is getting very HOT and not moving.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "barclaygeo" <bdog4@h...> wrote:
> I've tried the Mach1 too and I still can't get the darn thing to
> move. The Mach1 software looked to be a little more difficult to
> setup. You would think that being a network adminstrator and all my
> computer experience this would be a breaze for me. That is what I
> though, boy was I wrong.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barclay
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "torsten98001" <torsten@g...> wrote:
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "barclaygeo" <bdog4@h...> wrote:
> > > I'm just getting into cnc and I have bought some gecko 201
drives
> > and
> > > a DB1 controller. I have it hooked up right now just to one
> > Astrosyn
> > > 23LM-C004-50 motor and I cannot get it to move. Should the
motor
> > be
> > > locked when the gecko is powered up. Is there a simple program
> > that
> > > I can use to test my setup? Just want to test the step/dir. I
> > tried
> > > using Qstep but crashes every time I try and make the thing
> move.
> > > guess it doesn't like win2k. Not sure if I have everything
> hooked
> > up
> > > correctly so I'm posting a pic in the picture gallery
> called "first
> > > timer"
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Barclay
> >
> > Most Software not specificly stated to run in Win2k or any Nt
flavor
> > will not function properly when sending output signals to the
port.
> > Try to boot of a dos disk before running those programs.
> > Otherwise there is a program called Mach1 that can run on Win2k.
> > Good Luck.

Discussion Thread

barclaygeo 2002-11-28 17:02:29 UTC First Timer - Please Help deanc500 2002-11-28 20:41:58 UTC Re: First Timer - Please Help torsten98001 2002-11-29 13:44:45 UTC Re: First Timer - Please Help barclaygeo 2002-11-29 15:22:11 UTC Re: First Timer - Please Help barclaygeo 2002-11-29 18:45:24 UTC Re: First Timer - Please Help