CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: First Timer - Please Help

Posted by barclaygeo
on 2002-11-29 15:22:11 UTC
I've tried the Mach1 too and I still can't get the darn thing to
move. The Mach1 software looked to be a little more difficult to
setup. You would think that being a network adminstrator and all my
computer experience this would be a breaze for me. That is what I
though, boy was I wrong.

Thanks,

Barclay

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "torsten98001" <torsten@g...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "barclaygeo" <bdog4@h...> wrote:
> > I'm just getting into cnc and I have bought some gecko 201 drives
> and
> > a DB1 controller. I have it hooked up right now just to one
> Astrosyn
> > 23LM-C004-50 motor and I cannot get it to move. Should the motor
> be
> > locked when the gecko is powered up. Is there a simple program
> that
> > I can use to test my setup? Just want to test the step/dir. I
> tried
> > using Qstep but crashes every time I try and make the thing
move.
> > guess it doesn't like win2k. Not sure if I have everything
hooked
> up
> > correctly so I'm posting a pic in the picture gallery
called "first
> > timer"
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Barclay
>
> Most Software not specificly stated to run in Win2k or any Nt flavor
> will not function properly when sending output signals to the port.
> Try to boot of a dos disk before running those programs.
> Otherwise there is a program called Mach1 that can run on Win2k.
> Good Luck.

Discussion Thread

barclaygeo 2002-11-28 17:02:29 UTC First Timer - Please Help deanc500 2002-11-28 20:41:58 UTC Re: First Timer - Please Help torsten98001 2002-11-29 13:44:45 UTC Re: First Timer - Please Help barclaygeo 2002-11-29 15:22:11 UTC Re: First Timer - Please Help barclaygeo 2002-11-29 18:45:24 UTC Re: First Timer - Please Help