CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on EMC

Posted by j.guenther
on 2002-12-12 09:50:19 UTC
Art,

I personally have not seen EMC handle a rotary axis correctly when
configured as an angular axis. For me that means 1 degree is 80 steps which
EMC does not seem to be able to handle. Now if I configure it as a linear
axis where 1 unit = 360 degrees then it works much better, but then I don't
really want to tell it G01 a0.1111 to move the axis 40 degrees. I have
tried it on BDI-TNG, BDI 2.16 and one or two more BDI releases that
currently escape me. I will be downloading BDI 2.18 and the new BDI-TNG
this week to try. It is not a issue of being able to understand the
commands, it is an issue of EMC actually issuing the proper number of steps
at some commanded feed rate. Does Mach1 handle the angular axis correctly?

John Guenther
'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
Sterling, Virginia