CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: liability and CNC

Posted by Dan Falck
on 2000-02-12 08:06:23 UTC
At 09:46 PM 2/11/2000 , you wrote:
>From: hansw <hansw@...>
>
>Dan,
>Well how about that.... what do you think CNC mill manufacturers do ?
>I don't now.
>But I do know if I were an insurance company standing behind the people
that made my mill
>I would not sleep easy... check the wiring of my Motor speed control. (
cnc page at my web site
>http://home.swbell.net/hans_w/cnc.htm )

Hans,

This is what I was thinking about. They were probably in over their
heads- into something that they should have got some professional help
with. They are a "legit" company now, so they should do better. Maybe
they'll get by.

I'm interested in what the small retrofitters are doing to protect
themselves. Everyone should build the best, safest product possible-
that's a given. But stuff happens. Software could go nuts. Things fail.
I have a freind, who does conveyor work for factories. He just does the
installation as a subcontractor. He has a $2 million insurance policy-
which is probably too small, but it's what he can afford. Another guy that
I know has a $2 million policy- he does environmental consulting. That's
probably not enough for the stuff that he's into.

Anyway, sorry to start a really depressing thread, but I would like to know
what others are doing about this.

Thanks,
Dan

Discussion Thread

Dan Falck 2000-02-11 17:39:07 UTC liability and CNC hansw 2000-02-11 19:46:24 UTC Re: liability and CNC Dan Falck 2000-02-12 08:06:23 UTC Re: liability and CNC hansw 2000-02-12 09:28:51 UTC Re: liability and CNC Ted Robbins 2000-02-13 17:30:11 UTC Re: liability and CNC Bertho Boman 2000-02-13 19:29:24 UTC Re: liability and CNC