CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: BDI install disk for EMC -evidence that a braindead install already exists

on 2000-02-15 07:12:14 UTC
Dan Falck <dfalck@...> writes:

> If you are really interested in CNC, why don't you go ahead and
> start a machine project and let us help you out? We could exchange
> help on the mechanical side in exchange for your software expertise
> and you could learn the EMC stuff inside and out. That's kind of
> how it works on this group. If you buy a mill/drill and need the
> yoke for the ballnuts made, I could make them here on my lathe and
> mill. If you need help setting up a stepper or servo system, there
> are lots of people on this group that could help out.

Thanks Dan, I truly appreciate the invitation -- but right now I need
to concentrate on paying work that puts food on my table, not
a(nother) hobby. I was hoping that EMC users might have software
development needs that I could serve for an hourly rate, just like you
cut parts for pay at your day job. But unfortunately, there seems to
be little demand for my services here. It was worth asking the
question, and "no thank you" is a perfectly reasonable answer.

A member of the League for Programming Freedom (LPF) http://lpf.ai.mit.edu
Brian Bartholomew - bb@... - www.wv.com - Working Version, Cambridge, MA

Discussion Thread

Patrick Huss 2000-02-11 08:06:43 UTC Re: BDI install disk for EMC -evidence that a braindead install already exists Tim Goldstein 2000-02-11 09:03:04 UTC Re: BDI install disk for EMC -evidence that a braindead install already exists Brian Bartholomew 2000-02-11 11:24:57 UTC Re: BDI install disk for EMC -evidence that a braindead install already exists Dan Falck 2000-02-11 17:31:56 UTC Re: BDI install disk for EMC -evidence that a braindead install already exists Brian Bartholomew 2000-02-14 11:40:16 UTC Re: BDI install disk for EMC -evidence that a braindead install already exists Brian Bartholomew 2000-02-15 07:12:14 UTC Re: BDI install disk for EMC -evidence that a braindead install already exists