CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives

on 2003-01-14 09:26:34 UTC
Interfacing issues are probably the cause of the
problems here. Both the Gecko and Flashcut products
are well respected, but have interface requirements
that are sometimes not met when connected to other
equipment.

Gecko drives have a step/direction signal hold time
requirement that may not be satisfied by the Flashcut
system.

Flashcut uses opto-isolators in their standard output
configuration. This would likely cause problems if
the standard configuration was used with a motor
driver that also contained opto-isolation of its
own. This is because opto-isolators are not well
suited to driving other opto-isolators and signal
rise time issues result. Some Flashcut users have
bypassed the internal opto-isolators and reported
success.

There may also be issues with signal polarity and
timing being set properly in the Flashcut configuration.

I have been talking to a Flashcut user who is having
this type of problem and hope to borrow his system
in an effort to sort out the problems using a
storage scope. If all goes well I will report on
the results in a week or so.

Regards,
Steve Stallings
www.pmdx.com

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ironarbor2003
<Ironarbor@u...>" <Ironarbor@u...> wrote:
> Ive recently been looking to upgrade frome stepper to servo motors
on
> my plasma table, does any one know wich is the best?
>
> Gecko
> A guy from flash cut called me today and told me that geckos were
not
> accurate and that they missed steps? Is this true or a sales man
> doing his duty to put down everyone else?
>

> Rutex
> Hows shipping, I see that they automatically tune themselves?
>
> Any other"lower cost" drives out there?

Discussion Thread

ironarbor2003 <Ironarbor@u... 2003-01-13 23:49:16 UTC best servo drives Peter 2003-01-14 06:06:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] best servo drives Steve Stallings <stevesng@n... 2003-01-14 09:26:34 UTC Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Jon Elson 2003-01-14 09:46:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] best servo drives jeffalanp <xylotex@h... 2003-01-14 10:24:51 UTC Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-01-14 11:02:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Peter 2003-01-14 11:46:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives j.guenther 2003-01-14 12:42:45 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Chris Ramirez 2003-01-14 14:37:48 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] best servo drives CL 2003-01-14 15:42:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives