CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives

on 2003-01-14 10:24:51 UTC
Hi,
I don't have experience using Flashcut with Geckos, but I do have
some testing Flashcut with my Xylotex drives.
First, I found that the 470 ohm resistors shown in the PDF
schematic were not installed. Not a biggie, it's easy to open the
case and find this out. I added my own external resistors to the
test circuit.
Second, under the Motor Signal Setup menu, Signal setup submenu,
there is an option to have the step pulse polarity HIGH or LOW. With
my Logic analyzer set to TTL mode, one setup (I think it was HIGH
pulse, but I don't remeber at this point) would not even trigger the
analyzer (or my board which is the reason I had the analyzer
attached). By changing the polarity (to LOW I beleive), the Logic
analyzer could pick up the signal, and so could the board. I didn't
have a scope hooked up so I don't know what the actual value the
voltages were getting to, but in one case, not enough to trigger the
logic analyzer.
I did see a diagram somewhere on how to replace the DIP optos on
the flashcut board with standard 2N39 type transistors. You lose
opto-isolation at the flashcut side, but if you are using Geckos, you
have that over on the Driver side anyway. This allows more current
drive, which might be just the ticket to get flashcut to work better
with the Geckos (or perhaps Xylotex too, but I didn't try the
transistor method).

Jeff
http://www.xylotex.com

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Stallings

Discussion Thread

ironarbor2003 <Ironarbor@u... 2003-01-13 23:49:16 UTC best servo drives Peter 2003-01-14 06:06:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] best servo drives Steve Stallings <stevesng@n... 2003-01-14 09:26:34 UTC Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Jon Elson 2003-01-14 09:46:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] best servo drives jeffalanp <xylotex@h... 2003-01-14 10:24:51 UTC Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-01-14 11:02:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Peter 2003-01-14 11:46:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives j.guenther 2003-01-14 12:42:45 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Chris Ramirez 2003-01-14 14:37:48 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] best servo drives CL 2003-01-14 15:42:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives