CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives

Posted by CL
on 2003-01-14 15:42:37 UTC
j.guenther wrote:

>Does anyone know if the new version 2 of FlashCUT has additional
>configuration parameters for the direction line? The demo available on the
>FlashCUT site is still version 1.41 which doesn't seem to have any way to
>change the polarity or pulse width on the direction lines.
>
>John Guenther
>'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
>Sterling, Virginia

I know that the "adjustments mentioned" above ARE in the new version.
However, only certain main chips will take advantage of the settings.
The settings now in it are:
Step Pulse Polarity ( existed)
Step Pulse active Edge ( new)
Step Pulse width (existed)
Timing Factor (existed)

Having Contact with Flashcut on occassion, I know that they indeed are
aware of the "specific Needs" of the Gecko drivers, but more importantly
the fact that they want to be able to drive ALL available drivers.
Clearly, the older 16 bit versions software/hardware combination was
limited in this respect. But, as far as I know, some of this has already
been addressed, and those who have Gecko's or "hard to drive cards" are
now able to run them provided they have the right chip and new software.
I can not test this problem because I am currently running the API's,
Flawlessly I might add.

I can report that the new version 2 is running very well, and many in
this group are familiar with the new software. I hope that some of the
individuals who have difficult to drive drivers are in touch with Ron at
Flashcut, so that they can accomodate any problems.

Also, those who are interested in Flashcut should know that the bulk of
the time gone by, was spent to make sure the new version would run
effectively on most if not all systems with the original Signal
Generator. Thanks to Flashcut who IS concerned about backwards
compatability as far as can be addressed.

The future of Flashcut V2 is really targeted to use all new hardware
that will both offer a lot more I/O, support far more 3rd party
hardware, offer more speed than ever and of course contain more of the
features and functions people have requested.

I am in no position to tell you when V2 is officially released, but in
my opinion, there is little to do but "polish" and "Detail", at least in
regards the basic functions necessary, including the tool comp. offsets,
and speed override capability (though not yet "live") it was dearly
missing. Watch for future enhancements like "live" feedrate override,
screen configuarability, control from other sources etc. That the new
writeup now allows for if they deem to do so.

For now, It sure is nice to be able to change feedrates midfile, (future
potentiometer?) even IF it is by using feedhold, not to mention that I
can change accelerations the same way now too.
Great job Flashcut ! Glad I am still sticking with it.

Only lucky enough to be a beta tester, not affiliated any other way,
Chris L

Discussion Thread

ironarbor2003 <Ironarbor@u... 2003-01-13 23:49:16 UTC best servo drives Peter 2003-01-14 06:06:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] best servo drives Steve Stallings <stevesng@n... 2003-01-14 09:26:34 UTC Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Jon Elson 2003-01-14 09:46:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] best servo drives jeffalanp <xylotex@h... 2003-01-14 10:24:51 UTC Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-01-14 11:02:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Peter 2003-01-14 11:46:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives j.guenther 2003-01-14 12:42:45 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives Chris Ramirez 2003-01-14 14:37:48 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] best servo drives CL 2003-01-14 15:42:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using Gecko with Flashcut - was Re: best servo drives