CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: BDI question, support & version

Jon Anderson wrote:

>Ray Henry wrote:
>

>>If you decide to upgrade to the current 2.18 you will need
>>both the emc and rcslib packages.
>>

>Ok, that brings up my first question. I did see some mention in one of
>the install screens regarding network cards. I didn't have one
>installed, but have several 3Com 3C905-TX cards. I don't mind
>reinstalling to get it to recognize a network card. That would allow me
>to D/L updates from this computer and transfer them over.
>Or is it doable to install the card and get it working from within the
>KDE interface?

Depends on how much of a networking guru you are. This is one area
where I've never found
Linux to install quite right. I answer the questions, and it accepts
them, but the network
databases are all fouled up when it boots up. I always have to go in
and edit things. But,
then, maybe it is because I have some funny networking setups here.

Jon Anderson 2003-01-26 13:04:11 UTC BDI question, support & version Ray Henry 2003-01-26 15:32:23 UTC Re: BDI question, support & version Jon Anderson 2003-01-26 20:56:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: BDI question, support & version Jon Elson 2003-01-26 23:00:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: BDI question, support & version