CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: HELP ON CHOOSING A STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER

on 2003-01-27 12:15:47 UTC
Hi,
Thanks John & Ballendo,

I do want to mention that 35V is the maximum rating of the driver
chip on the Xylotex board. Allegro recommends a maximum running
voltage of no more than about 90% of this, or about 30V. As I've
stated before, I get good results with the drive when running at 24V,
and they will work excellent for smaller CNC conversions like
Sherline or Taig (but they would not work well for a Bridgeport CNC
conversion).
Of course if your drive requirements specify voltages greater than
mentioned above, or amperages greater than 2.5A/phase, then obviously
you don't want the drive. Your actual needs will determine if the
Xylotex is a proper drive for your application.

Jeff
http://www.xylotex.com

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "j.guenther"

Discussion Thread

capteod <mfgguru@e... 2003-01-26 22:58:50 UTC HELP ON CHOOSING A STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER Tim Goldstein 2003-01-26 23:07:36 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] HELP ON CHOOSING A STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER arun 2003-01-27 07:12:33 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] HELP ON CHOOSING A STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER Tim Goldstein 2003-01-27 07:43:57 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] HELP ON CHOOSING A STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER Jim Brown 2003-01-27 10:44:03 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] HELP ON CHOOSING A STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-01-27 11:30:11 UTC Re: HELP ON CHOOSING A STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER j.guenther 2003-01-27 11:53:22 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: HELP ON CHOOSING A STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER jeffalanp <xylotex@h... 2003-01-27 12:15:47 UTC Re: HELP ON CHOOSING A STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER