CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO from Shooting Star question

on 2003-02-22 17:44:15 UTC
They're only as accurate as you can install them, a somewhat awkward task.
Having said that, I've installed a set (actually two 3-axis sets to gage
the roll positions of a 4-roll bending machine), and they seem reasonably
accurate and repeatable. I'm waiting for warmer weather to install a 2-axis
set of 48" S.S. DRO's on my Bending Brake back gage. If you do get S.S.,
let me know, I'll foreward a set of dwgs I made, that will help you build
the kind of mounting that they should've used.

RayHex

p.s. they also have a good website.
----------
> From: doveknives@...
>
> I want to put a DRO on my old Pratt and Whitney 12x30 lathe. I have
seen the DRO offered in HSM by "Shooting Star" (I will look up the full
name , I don't have the mag. w/me) out of Canada. I understand that it is
a rack type of system rather than a glass slide style, perhaps this would
explain the lower price, big draw to me as funds are tight. Does anyone
have opinions on these DRO or does anyone have experience with one?
> Thanks for your help.
> Trusting HIM,

Discussion Thread

doveknives@a... 2003-02-22 12:18:03 UTC DRO from Shooting Star question Raymond Heckert 2003-02-22 17:44:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO from Shooting Star question Myron Cherry 2003-02-22 23:53:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO from Shooting Star question