CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TOOL CHANGER , EMC AND STG2

Asim Khan wrote:

>Hi friends!
>
>I am unable to find tool changer option in EMC. There isnt any tool
>changer related input and output ports defined in ini.
>I've started browsing the sources of emc. i've seen some of the c
>code files contain some wraper functions related with tool change

Right. That is about all there is right now, is the wrapper. It would
not be too hard
to write the code to control a relatively simple tool changer directly
from C code.
Probably the hardest thing is if the tool changer required the spindle
to be brought
to a specific position, then you'd have to hack deeply into the
interpreter or the
motion routines to accomplish a spindle move that is not explicitly in
the G-code
stream.

>Can somebody guide me if i implement the tool change functionality
>in emc then what source files i might need to edit? and what
>challenges and difficulties i might face during this work?

The only other things are to figure out how to accomplish a timed delay
in the
C code (I think the standard system wait calls would be accurate enough
for this),
and to set up another parallel port for the number of I/O points you'd need.

>also if somebody could guide me about how and at what level the tool
>changer fucntionality is implemented at the moment in emc?

I think the wrapper routines get the requested tool number passed to
them, and cause
the motion to pause until they are finished.

Asim Khan <asimtec@y... 2003-02-24 07:19:39 UTC TOOL CHANGER , EMC AND STG2 Jon Elson 2003-02-24 10:23:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TOOL CHANGER , EMC AND STG2 Asim Khan <asimtec@y... 2003-02-26 21:50:50 UTC Re: TOOL CHANGER , EMC AND STG2 Ray Henry 2003-02-27 11:54:19 UTC Re: Re: TOOL CHANGER , EMC AND STG2 Asim Khan <asimtec@y... 2003-03-03 07:03:43 UTC Re: TOOL CHANGER , EMC AND STG2 Ray Henry 2003-03-03 16:24:46 UTC Re: Re: TOOL CHANGER , EMC AND STG2