CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 1 more "Hip Hip" for Lim "StepOffs"

Posted by CL
on 2003-03-05 05:58:51 UTC
Jens Swales wrote:

>hi
>
>yeah, the flashcut-crew was aware of this handy feature so they put
>it into the sw at a very early stage, i.e. "homing switch offset"
>from v.2.0. its even more handy with more custom settings, like
>automatic homing,g27, return from homing, show descrepancy within set
>tolerance etc.

Jens,
I was lucky enough to have a rare Version 1 that had those "auto home"
features. I like it for those unattended really long jobs for the added
assurance.
Though, once I found drivers that really comunicated properly, and now
with the added settings for drivers in FC, Things have been more rock
steady than ever.

Did you Download the latest ? 2.0.6 ? Rick Fixed a little quirk where
more demanding machines had a problem with the very first rapid move. It
was not a problem if you had a 2G computer, but computers around 1G with
higher rapid rates allowed it to show up. So, if you have a slower
computer, it will help.

He also added the line numbers in the G-Code display window so now when
you load a file that has a problem or "issue" and it tells you what
line, you'll immediately know. He also added a "Time" in hours and
minutes to go, which is pretty handy right below the "Go to Line". Now
I can start a job and get a rough idea as to when to come back and check
on it.

Now with the available Download, we can always have the latest and
greatest. Very Nice !

Chris L

Discussion Thread

CL 2003-03-04 12:35:52 UTC 1 more "Hip Hip" for Lim "StepOffs" Jens Swales 2003-03-04 23:41:30 UTC Re: 1 more "Hip Hip" for Lim "StepOffs" CL 2003-03-05 05:58:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 1 more "Hip Hip" for Lim "StepOffs" ballendo 2003-03-05 06:26:27 UTC They're called fixture offsets was Re: 1 more "Hip Hip" for Lim "StepOffs" CL 2003-03-05 11:49:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] They're called fixture offsets was Re: 1 more "Hip Hip" for Lim "StepOffs" ballendo 2003-03-05 23:48:09 UTC G's was They're called fixture offsets CL 2003-03-06 21:47:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G's was They're called fixture offsets (LONG)