CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Tree Journeyman any good?

Posted by doug98105
on 2003-03-06 06:51:33 UTC
Chris,

First off, if you can, find out what's wrong with the existing
control. Those were pretty good controls. Feature-wise, probably
better than anything you could afford to replace it with. Dynapath
quit supporting those awhile back, but their former service manager
bought the parts inventory and went out on his own servicing the
System 10. Call Dynapath at 1-800-367-3423 for info. It may cost
less than you think to repair that control.

$1700 may be a little high.

Most likely the .002" referred to the TIR when interpolating a
circle. By tuning the amps that might be brought down a little.

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Chris and Dee"
<brunoblazer@y...> wrote:
> So this CNC machining bug bit me hard. Last Thanksgiving I
finished
> my setting up my mill/drill with CNC. Now I want something
bigger...
> But as usual, I'm pretty cheap. I've been thinking/looking for a
> Bridgeport but seem to be having trouble finding quite what I'm
> looking for in my price range. But I did come across an
oppurtunity
> for a Tree Jouneyman 310. Here's what I know:
>
> Dynapath 10s control kaput, but servos are OK
> 250 IPM rapids
> power knee
> Spindle was completely rebuilt recently and has < 20 hrs on it
> He says it will only do .002" TIR
>
> For nearly everything I do, .002" would be fine. Bores that need
> be tighter I'd do with a boring tool anyways. What I don't know,
is
> what something like this would normally go for. He's asking
$1700.
> Add in the rigging, and this is definitely more than I was hoping
> spend, but if its worth it, I might not mind. I've got many years
(I
> hope) ahead of me to have fun with it, so my theme is buy
something
> that will keep me happy for a while.
>
> Short any other details, what would something like this be worth?
> Also, what kind of servo motors were used on these machines. I
have
> a whole bunch of PacSci Brushless Serve Drives (PC800) that I was
> planning to use on the bridgeport conversion and would be
interested
> to know if these might work on the Tree.
>
> Thanks!
> -Chris

Discussion Thread

Chris and Dee 2003-03-05 17:19:29 UTC Tree Journeyman any good? vrsculptor 2003-03-05 18:53:42 UTC Re: Tree Journeyman any good? Chris and Dee 2003-03-05 19:46:06 UTC Re: Tree Journeyman any good? Jon Elson 2003-03-05 22:32:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tree Journeyman any good? Jon Elson 2003-03-05 22:37:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Tree Journeyman any good? doug98105 2003-03-06 06:51:33 UTC Re: Tree Journeyman any good?