CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: RE: Anilam glass scale hookup question

Posted by Lloyd Leung
on 2003-03-15 14:10:33 UTC
Here's my question.

Why not just contact anilam, and ask them? Contact information available
here. http://www.anilam.com/home.html

It's the simplest of solutions. They're tech support *should* be able to
help you.

Cheers...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Elson [mailto:elson@...]
Sent: March 15, 2003 1:55 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Anilam glass scale hookup question

tig415 wrote:

>I'm trying to find out the wiring info on the glass scales. They
>have a Anilam decal on them. There are 6 wires coming out of the
>plug . Red, black, white, green, brown and a shield. I'm assuming
>power, ground, channel A, channel B, index and shield. Can anyone
>tell me what wire does what or a way to figure it out with a test
>meter? Also how do I determine how many volts they need.

It would be a good guess that red is +5 V, black is ground. You could
probably
check with an ohmmeter and see if black and red have a lower resistance than
to other wires. It is possible the scales use +12 V or other voltage,
but 5 V
would not hurt them, assuming the correct connections. If you aren't afraid
to open them up, you can see if there is a capacitor connected between the
red and black wires. that would confirm them as power. You can also check
that there is an LED and a resistor connected in series to the power wires.

Once you are confident enough to apply power, you should see the other wires
changing state. A and B will flip between +5 and 0 V with microscopic
moves of the slider. The index will probably only have one pulse over a
very
short range of movement. If your DVM has a beeper function, you might be
able to use that to detect the index pulse.

You may need 1 K ohm resistors between the signal wires and +5 V if the
scale's output are open collector.

Jon

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner