CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Plasma Spraying

on 2003-03-19 06:34:11 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Kimberlin
<kimberln@a...> wrote:
> turbulatordude wrote:
> > I spoke to a friend who things I would be well off trying to
plasma
> > spray the low spots in my lathe ways to build up rather than
grind
> > down.
>
> Without elaboration on this (which is probably off topic) I would
> say you could investigate Moglice. Check the FAQ, etc. Others
> have done this.
>
> JerryK

Hi Jerry,

I don't think that any type of method that might be used to either
attain stratight and flat ways/slides/frames would be off topic.

If you were to find that grinding a 4'x8' table as Les has laid out
could be done in 1/10 the time if one was to fill the low spots
first, then just polish off the high spots, that would be valuable to
a lot of us.

If you think about it, if you have a 2" wide beam 4 ft x 8 ft and
need to lower 80% by 5 thou to level it, you would be grinding about
6 square feet, that is some work ! And addind metal is often more
desirable then removing metal.

In my reading, I have found that the lower limit is about 3 thou
thickness. I'm not sure if one could feather that for something like
a sliding surface or if it would peel or flake when it got that thin.

Dave

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2003-03-18 17:21:54 UTC Plasma Spraying Jerry Kimberlin 2003-03-18 18:28:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Plasma Spraying turbulatordude 2003-03-19 06:34:11 UTC Re: Plasma Spraying Leslie M. Watts 2003-03-19 08:15:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Plasma Spraying Jon Elson 2003-03-19 10:23:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Plasma Spraying