CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Aussie Hoby Mill and Lathe - Experience?

Posted by Peter Homann
on 2003-03-20 17:33:17 UTC
It is my understanding that the guy who invented this machine is also the
designer of the original Sherline machine. He sold the rights to the
Sherline company.

As for the Clisby, I've had no experience of it. I've always kept it in the
back of my mind that parts of it could be used to make a larger machine.

Cheers,

Peter Homann
mailto:Peter.Homann@...
Adacel Technologies Limited,
250 Bay St, BRIGHTON, 3186, AUSTRALIA
http://www.adacel.com <http://www.adacel.com>
Telephone +61 (3) 8530 7777, Facsimile +61 (3) 9596 2960
Mobile 0421-601 665

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Goldstein [mailto:timg@...]
Sent: Friday, 21 March 2003 12:21 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Aussie Hoby Mill and Lathe - Experience?

Bob,

http://www.clisby.com is the site of the manufacturer. I have not seen
or used one of these machines but researched them a while back. They are
much smaller than a Sherline machine. What killed the deal for me was
feedback from a person I trust that actually got one. They did not feel
the machine was worth the money.

Tim
[Denver, CO]
Sherline products at Deep Discount
Mach1 & DeskCNC with credit card ordering
www.KTMarketing.com/Sherline
Now selling Visual Mill 4.0 Special LOW LOW price!

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner