CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Aussie Hoby Mill and Lathe - Experience?

Posted by aerowright
on 2003-03-21 14:47:42 UTC
Field use!? Funny. Did you watch the videos of it in action? It's
tiny. It's beyond tiny. Unless you're going to do really small stuff,
models etc, I'd look elsewhere.

Just my $0.02
Mike

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "turbulatordude"
<davemucha@j...> wrote:
> Check the work envelope. very small.
>
> also, the lathe cannot do threads unless you fit it with the needed
> user modifications. for a first CNC project, it would be a neat
> base, but the size of the parts you can make are very limited.
>
> the 12 VDC power shows it is desiged for field use, no really, take
> it out into a corn field and hook it to the truck.
>
> Dave
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Homann"
> <peter.homann@a...> wrote:
> > It is my understanding that the guy who invented this machine is
> also the
> > designer of the original Sherline machine. He sold the rights to the
> > Sherline company.
> >
> > As for the Clisby, I've had no experience of it. I've always kept
> it in the
> > back of my mind that parts of it could be used to make a larger
> machine.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> > Peter Homann
> > mailto:Peter.Homann@a...
> > Adacel Technologies Limited,
> > 250 Bay St, BRIGHTON, 3186, AUSTRALIA
> > http://www.adacel.com <http://www.adacel.com>
> > Telephone +61 (3) 8530 7777, Facsimile +61 (3) 9596 2960
> > Mobile 0421-601 665

Discussion Thread

bereshr1 2003-03-20 17:16:31 UTC Aussie Hoby Mill and Lathe - Experience? Tim Goldstein 2003-03-20 17:20:42 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Aussie Hoby Mill and Lathe - Experience? Peter Homann 2003-03-20 17:33:17 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Aussie Hoby Mill and Lathe - Experience? turbulatordude 2003-03-20 17:53:57 UTC Re: Aussie Hoby Mill and Lathe - Experience? aerowright 2003-03-21 14:47:42 UTC Re: Aussie Hoby Mill and Lathe - Experience? Matt Shaver 2003-03-22 20:51:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Aussie Hoby Mill and Lathe - Experience?