CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Parallel port Breakout Interface Box / Board

Posted by Scott Holmes
on 2003-04-10 21:09:38 UTC
Michael,

Easiest/Fastest thing to do I've found is to grab a terminal block of just
about any type, and an old cable (printer or other type with a DB-25 Male
end, and roughly 25 conductors in it), cut the end off, and start wiring.
No need to get fancy. I usually have a few cables on hand that are
suitable. Being trained in electronics myself, my first reaction is always
around prototyping boards and PCBs and their ilk, but also working with
industrial controls, I know this is acceptable in industry...why not for
hobbyists?
You'll be trading hours for minutes in time used.

Scott Holmes

> Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 05:02:09 -0000
> From: "int3man" <moparman@...>
> Subject: Parallel port Breakout Interface Box / Board
>
> Hi all, Well I'm getting closer. Next item to Research / Purchase /
> Build is a breakout interface box/board. I'm looking at using either
> the Master5 or Mach 1. But I need a way to interface with the
> computer. The home limit switches and the output to the stepper
> drives. Does everyone just build their own? Are schematics
> available somewhere? I'm not opposed to making my own. Thanks for
> your time and assistance. Michael :-)

Discussion Thread

int3man 2003-04-07 22:02:13 UTC Parallel port Breakout Interface Box / Board turbulatordude 2003-04-08 07:36:36 UTC Re: Parallel port Breakout Interface Box / Board deanc500 2003-04-08 22:19:23 UTC Re: Parallel port Breakout Interface Box / Board Chris 2003-04-09 12:16:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Parallel port Breakout Interface Box / Board deanc500 2003-04-10 00:01:09 UTC Re: Parallel port Breakout Interface Box / Board Scott Holmes 2003-04-10 21:09:38 UTC Re: Parallel port Breakout Interface Box / Board