CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: G-Code Syntax Question

caudlet wrote:

>>Does the following line move the Z THEN turn off the torch?
>>
>>G1Z1.00F50M05
>>
>>or read the speed and execute the m command first?
>>

>The order in which you put commands on a line does not matter. The
>interpreter reads the entire line and then does things in a specific
>sequence. The actual move is one of the last.

The move is actually executed seconds, or maybe MINUTES, after the
command is read
from a file, as the interpreter reads hundreds of blocks ahead.

>I could find no rule where a block (line) has to start with a G
>command if there is one in the line.

A preparatory command of the G00 - G03 group must be in force, but these are
"modal" commands, and remain in force until another one cancels it. So,
as long as
one of the above has been already set, you don't need another.

>I gather from this that the spindle off command would occur prior to
>the Z axis move happening.

Actually, spindle off is an auxilliary function, and is not handled in
real-time, so that
it will usually happen with some delay after when the motion on the same
line is
executed by the real-time side. This delay could be as little as a few
milliseconds, or
as much as a few tenths of a second, depending on the speed of the
machine, the
setting of the scheduling rates of some of the tasks, whether other
system activity
is going on, etc. (There may be a delay that prevents following
motion-causing
commands to be performed until the spindle stop has had time to happen.
There
are delays specified for spindle start and stop. These are SPINDLE_OFF_WAIT
and SPINDLE_ON_WAIT near the bottom of the .ini file.

caudlet 2003-04-28 10:29:43 UTC G-Code Syntax Question caudlet 2003-04-28 11:32:36 UTC Re: G-Code Syntax Question Jon Elson 2003-04-29 22:58:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: G-Code Syntax Question caudlet 2003-04-30 06:10:26 UTC Re: G-Code Syntax Question Jon Elson 2003-04-30 12:43:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: G-Code Syntax Question