CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: G-Code Syntax Question

Posted by caudlet
on 2003-04-30 06:10:26 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:

> caudlet wrote:
>
> >>Does the following line move the Z THEN turn off the torch?
> >>
> >>G1Z1.00F50M05
> >>
> >>or read the speed and execute the m command first?
> >>

> >The order in which you put commands on a line does not matter.
The
> >interpreter reads the entire line and then does things in a
specific
> >sequence. The actual move is one of the last.
> >

> The move is actually executed seconds, or maybe MINUTES, after the
> command is read
> from a file, as the interpreter reads hundreds of blocks ahead.
>
> >I could find no rule where a block (line) has to start with a G
> >command if there is one in the line.
> >

> A preparatory command of the G00 - G03 group must be in force, but
these are
> "modal" commands, and remain in force until another one cancels
it. So,
> as long as
> one of the above has been already set, you don't need another.
>
> >I gather from this that the spindle off command would occur prior
> >the Z axis move happening.
> >

> Actually, spindle off is an auxilliary function, and is not handled
in
> real-time, so that
> it will usually happen with some delay after when the motion on the
same
> line is
> executed by the real-time side. This delay could be as little as a
few
> milliseconds, or
> as much as a few tenths of a second, depending on the speed of the
> machine, the
> setting of the scheduling rates of some of the tasks, whether other
> system activity
> is going on, etc. (There may be a delay that prevents following
> motion-causing
> commands to be performed until the spindle stop has had time to
happen.
> There
> are delays specified for spindle start and stop. These are
SPINDLE_OFF_WAIT
> and SPINDLE_ON_WAIT near the bottom of the .ini file.

Thanks Jon. Reading the technical documents from NIST is not my idea
of entertainment. In the list they have a chart of the "order" in
which commands are executed and it was from that I answered my own
post. Since I use MACH1 based on the NIST model I thought that might
be the best place to start. You additions help. Another list member
has given me some parameters to try in the INI file that are not
documented in mine (comments in the INI are the only documentation).

> Jon

Discussion Thread

caudlet 2003-04-28 10:29:43 UTC G-Code Syntax Question caudlet 2003-04-28 11:32:36 UTC Re: G-Code Syntax Question Jon Elson 2003-04-29 22:58:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: G-Code Syntax Question caudlet 2003-04-30 06:10:26 UTC Re: G-Code Syntax Question Jon Elson 2003-04-30 12:43:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: G-Code Syntax Question