CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:Threading of CNC

Posted by Don Rogers
on 2003-05-12 22:19:45 UTC
At 03:08 AM 5/13/03 +0000, you wrote:
>There in lies a problem. Your probally going to have to sync the axis
>drive to the spindle. This won't be cheap.

I'm in the process of doing the CNC conversion on my TAIG now. The spindle
tach was the easiest part, and least expensive to do. A simple disk that
mounts on the drive pulley, with a window cut in it. I added an optical
sensor, surplus for less than $5.00 and I was done. I made the disk from
some 16 GA aluminum, and milled the slot window with an 1/8" mill. I
didn't break the outer edge of the disk as I wanted something that wouldn't
snag a sleeve or such. The sensor is a simple led/pickup with a schmitt
trigger to gate the output. Requires 5vdc and amounting. Gives two
outputs, +pulse, and -pulse. Just chose the one you want. and wire it into
one of the ports on the printer cable. The hard part looks to be mounting
a 23 frame stepper on the little cross slide. I've been taking photos as I
go, so if this all works OK, I'll post them. If it doesn't, you'll never
hear from me again.

Don

Don Rogers 2003-05-12 22:19:45 UTC Re:Threading of CNC Peter Homann 2003-05-12 22:44:58 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:Threading of CNC