CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: What's a good speed for a rotary table?..More info

Posted by doug98105
on 2003-05-30 19:18:39 UTC
Derek,

FYI, my 5C Haas programmable 4th axis head is rated at a maximum
speed of 1.5 seconds for 180 degree rotation. Or approximately 3
seconds for a full revolution, which equates to 20 rpm maximum. For
whatever reason the factory decided that was a suitable speed.

For milling the speed has been OK, I don't recall having a situation
where it was too slow in milling. For plain indexing it's a little
on the slow side. We're a production shop and because of this
unit's slow indexing speed I only do indexing with it if the
spacing is something odd which can't be done on a much faster
pneumatic indexer.

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "tig415" <tig416@e...> wrote:

> Hi
> Thanks for the responses.
> Ok here's some more info. It's a Yuasa 6" table. 90 turns = 360
deg
> table rotation. I'm using Mach2 as my control program and I plan
on
> getting Visual mill as the Gcode program. I router wood,
plastic,
> solidsurface as well as aluminum. I also have a BP clone that I
plan
> to use it on in the future. I have a couple of extra servo motors
> and an extra Gecko 340 that I plan to use to drive it. I'd like to
> use the smaller of the two motors to drive the table if I can.
> I'm trying to avoid setting this up and the wishing I had done
> something different in motor/pully ratio choices.
> I realize if I'm just using it for indexing the speed and power
is
> not as critical. I'm hoping to use it for 3d rotational work as
well.
> Like carving a spiral in a post.
>
> Thanks again
> Derek

Discussion Thread

tig415 2003-05-30 03:43:28 UTC WhatÂ’s a good speed for a rotary table? ccq@x... 2003-05-30 07:35:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What's_a_good__speed_for_a_rotary_table? tig415 2003-05-30 10:56:03 UTC Re: What's a good speed for a rotary table?..More info caudlet 2003-05-30 18:24:29 UTC Re: What's a good speed for a rotary table?..More info turbulatordude 2003-05-30 18:55:28 UTC Re: What's a good speed for a rotary table?..More info - feed rate doug98105 2003-05-30 19:18:39 UTC Re: What's a good speed for a rotary table?..More info