CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I NEED HELP!

Posted by Harvey White
on 2003-06-07 14:01:57 UTC
On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 17:49:10 -0700, you wrote:

>Mark,
>
>The 9 wires most likely were for a serial port.

I wouldn't think so if it were three wires per board.

I suspect that the mystery board took parallel or serial (possibly
just serial) information in, translated it to step and direction (and
possibly something else, an enable?).

If so, then a parallel port breakout board would be a possibility, and
you could drive it with anything that could supply this.

Although I do not have much of an idea of the available driver chips,
a listing of the chips on any one of the boards (assuming that all 3
are identical) would give us an idea of the logic family (probably
TTL), and feeding the board pulses (with some knowledge of the
connections from the 3 wires to what chips) would probably determine
what's doing what.

Harvey