CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Hexapod- Hexaslide

Posted by stephank97
on 2003-06-16 03:33:18 UTC
Thanks for the really interesting link. It certainly peaked my
interest.

The Triaglide I think can be made even more affordable by
eliminating the linear slides and using fairly large diameter lead
screws with the gimbal joints mounted directly on the nuts. You then
only need to devise some method to prevent the nuts rotating. This
can be done by mounting some flat carbon air bearings on the nuts to
push against the ceiling of the machine. This eliminates the
expensive lead screws but requires you to have compressed air.
Probably you can get the same effect by using some ball bearings,
but the surface of the ceiling plate then needs to be better quality.

The German design is compact, but I do not like the idea of 6
ballscrews. For a commercial venture the economies of scale will
kick in, but for a hobbyist, it could be expensive

Stephan

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Graham Stabler"
<eexgs@n...> wrote:
> Matt, thanks for the link, what an excelent machine and SO
compact.
> It is really very much like the hexaglide system with vertical
> members. I will contact Till soon.
>
> Charles, look again at my link, there is a three axis version of
the
> Hexaglide called the Triaglide. This could also be done using
Till's
> vertical actuators. Three vertical acutators, 6 fixed legs and
three
> axis machining. I think it would also be compact in x,y for the
> given machining area. Height it not normally a problem in most
> workshops/bedrooms.
>
> This is all getting rather interesting.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Graham

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2003-06-14 17:05:46 UTC Hexapod- Hexaslide Matt Shaver 2003-06-14 21:44:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hexapod- Hexaslide Matt Shaver 2003-06-14 21:50:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hexapod- Hexaslide Charles Knight 2003-06-14 21:53:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hexapod- Hexaslide Paul 2003-06-15 04:15:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hexapod- Hexaslide Graham Stabler 2003-06-15 04:33:35 UTC Re: Hexapod- Hexaslide stephank97 2003-06-16 03:33:18 UTC Re: Hexapod- Hexaslide Graham Stabler 2003-06-16 04:20:18 UTC Re: Hexapod- Hexaslide