CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: zeroing z

on 2003-06-25 08:39:17 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, PDJ <pdj@b...> wrote:
> To zero the z I would like to add a switch made from the tool bit
and an
> alligator clip and a piece of metal with a wire attached. The idea
is to
> be able to jog the z until the bit meets the metal sitting on top
of the
> work material. When the two meet they complete a circuit and stop
> further jogging. At this point I can zero the z plus the width of
the
> metal.
>
> Problem is what do I connect this z switch to? I am using deskcnc /w
> driver. I need a NO input. Limits are NC - none on this board,
homes are
> NC and estop is NC on this board.
>
> Is home the switch to use for this? Do I have to use a relay or
> something to reverse the logic or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
> Phil

Does it have to be automated? You could connect the "switch" to a
buzzer and just stop jogging when it buzzes. i.e. jog in big steps
till close to the metal foil and then go to small steps until you
hear the bleep.

Graham

Discussion Thread

PDJ 2003-06-25 07:48:07 UTC zeroing z Graham Stabler 2003-06-25 08:39:17 UTC Re: zeroing z leswatts@a... 2003-06-26 06:43:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] zeroing z Russ Waters 2003-06-26 17:35:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] zeroing z